Translation for publishers, magazines, museums, media, website content.
I love what I do and approach each translation project as a new adventure. I focus on luxury brands, fashion, jewelry, the arts, travel, film, culture and lifestyle.
As a student of semantics and semiotics, I learned that the truth always lies in the words. A good translation requires close reading, textual analysis, research, context, localization and common sense. A great translation will incorporate all of the above and, when truly successful, be completely invisible.
I have translated books and articles on:
- Fashion and luxury lifestyle (Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Dior, Pierre Cardin, Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith, Jacques Fath, Le Bon Marché, Longchamp)
- Jewelry (Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier, Chaumet, Chanel, Dior, Fred, Dinh Van)
- Museum catalogs for fashion exhibitions (Musée des arts décoratifs, Palais Galliéra)
- The arts (Ballets Russes, Antique Markets of Paris, Gardens of Monet, Peynet)
- Architecture (Hotel Lambert)
- Photography (François Halard, Jean-Michel Berts)
- Travel (Rio, La Mamounia, Venice, Rajasthan, the Plaza-Athénée, the Ritz Paris)
- Film (Francis Ford Coppola)
- Documentaries on WWII and Princess Diana
- Fiction (The Green King)
- Biography (The Many Lives of Toto Koopman)